The HiSeq 2500 sequencing systems offer the flexibility of rapid or high output sequencing at relatively low cost. Illumina sequencing enables a range of DNA and RNA based applications; including genome and targeted capture sequencing, mutation discovery, transcriptome profiling and the identification of epigenetic changes.
Recent advances in library preparation workflows now enable robust studies to be carried out using a range of sample types, including low input and poor quality such as formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE). Integration of a MiSeq QC instrument has optimised library performance providing tighter control of multiplexing within sequencing lanes.
HiSeq 2500 applications
- Whole genome sequencing
- De novo sequencing
- Transcriptomics and RNA-Seq
- Metagenomics and amplicon sequencing
- Human exome sequencing
- Custom library and/or enrichment sequencing
Nanostring nCounter Analysis System
The Nanostring nCounter Analysis System is a digital detection system allowing analysis of up to 800 genes within a single experiment. Optimized for pathway-based biological research, this technology can be used to look at interactions between specific genes and validate complex networks.
Delivering an accurate, highly sensitive alternative to quantitative PCR, the Nanostring nCounter also provides a validation tool for next generation sequencing data. The robust nature of the amplification-free chemistry allows researchers to measure subtle changes from small and degraded samples such as clinical tissue biopsies.
Nanostring nCounter Analysis System applications
- Gene expression analysis - Custom and off-the-shelf CodeSetsGene expression analysis
- Single cell gene expression analysis
- miRNA expression analysis
- miRGE™ (miRNA & mRNA) analysis
- Copy number variation analysis
- lncRNA analysis
- ChiP-String analysis
- Experimental design
- Data quality assessment
- Genome assembly and annotation
- Transcriptomics analysis through RNAseq or Microarray
- Metagenomics analysis
- SNP detection and Variant calling
- Analysis results consolidated into a standardised electronic report
- Interaction with clients for a defined proportion of project time to explain the analyses that were performed and to make the primary analysis useful to the client through annotation, comparisons to databases and visualisation
- Interaction with clients for a defined proportion of project time to provide education and capability development for the client