A supervised research project on an approved topic.
This research project is a core part of the PGDipAppSci course. The PGDipAppSci is a one-year programme that builds on an undergraduate applied science degree. The diploma encompasses both papers and a research topic and can be taken full time or part time. It provides entry to the Master of Science (MSc) degree by thesis only.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,010.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,710.93|
- Limited to
- Paper Structure
- Independent research, within a specific sub-discipline of geology, supervised and advised by at least one academic staff member. The precise structure of the project (e.g. the balance of literature review, research skill development, independent data collection, analysis, synthesis, and style of presenting results) is established in conjunction with the project supervisor.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View
more information about departmental permission.
A research supervisor within the department is required.
- Teaching staff
- Various academic staff involved
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning,Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Environmental
literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who complete this project will have learned the basic skills that they need to become successful researchers in a wide range of research settings.