Do you have questions or need advice?
International Student Advisers (ISA) are available on a confidential basis to assist international students with any issues or questions that may arise during their time at Otago such as:
- Cultural Adjustment
- Family Support
- General Health and Wellbeing
- Academic Issues
- Flatting and Accommodation
International Office (Archway West Building)
- Monday to Friday 11.00am - 2.00pm (walk-in hours) - students can come to the International Office during these hours, no appointment necessary
- Monday to Friday 2.00pm - 4.00pm (booked appointment or phone call) - students can book an appointment online via OtagoCareerHub
Hunter Centre (Room G15)
- Tuesdays 1.00pm - 2.00pm (booked appointments only) - Dunedin students can book an appointment online via OtagoCareerHub
Wellington and Christchurch based students
- Monday to Friday 2.00pm - 4.00pm (booked phone call) - students based at our Wellington and Christchurch campuses can book a phone call via OtagoCareerHub
- In March and July an ISA visits the Wellington and Christchurch campuses. During these times, international students on those campuses will be emailed to book appointments.
If these times do not work for you please email us to request an alternative appointment time.
Making a booking
To book an appointment log in to OtagoCareerHub using your University of Otago username and password and complete the following steps:
- Click 'Appointments' (found in the top banner between Jobs and Events)
- Scroll down and select the type of appointment as 'international student issue'
- On the calendar that appears select the date and time you would like, then click view appointment, followed by 'Book Appointment'
- Once you have booked an appointment you will be sent a confirmation email with the date, time and location of the appointment. A reminder email will also be sent to you the morning of the day before you appointment.
Students in Wellington and Christchurch can indicate a phone appointment when clicking to book an appointment, unless they are booking appointments for their campuses during March and July, as above.