Take advantage of a range of resources to help with your studies
- Centre for Accounting and Finance Education (CAFÉ)
- Professional qualifications
- Scholarships & prizes
- BNZ Bloomberg Markets Lab
Read on to learn more about the range of resources available to assist you with your studies.
Centre for Accounting and Finance Education (CAFÉ)
CAFÉ offers Accounting and Finance students a wide range of opportunities to build upon their degree.
Essential communication skills
Communication skills are an important part of both university study and later employment. The Department strongly encourages you to enhance your oral and written communication abilities.
We recommend that Accountancy and Finance students take either:
Alternatively, students can engage in writing workshops through the Higher Education Development Centre:
University of Otago resources
Otago Business School resources
Accounting mentoring programme
National and international associations
The Department of Accountancy and Finance has associations with many businesses and organisations. These include the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA), Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Australia and the Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) Institute. Find out more about our links to various national and international associations.
Finance website links
We recommend the following websites as potentially interesting and useful for students.
New Zealand websites
- New Zealand Stock Exchange
- Datex (NZ company information)
- New Zealand Futures & Options Exchange (incorporated with Sydney Futures Exchange)
- New Zealand Treasury
- New Zealand Invest: Sharemarket, shares, stock exchange
- Craigs Deutsche / Deutsche Bank
- World Bank
- Centre for International Comparisons at University of Pennsylvania
- Sydney Futures Exchange
- New York Stock Exchange
- Australian Stock Exchange
- The Economist
- Yahoo Finance: good source for share quotes, historical share prices and general information