The Otago Business School Internship Programme provides students with opportunities to work for employers spread across a wide range of business sectors. Below is feedback from some of our interns about their experience.
- Monique Brown (Marketing major) - Escea
- Sarah Laurenson (Accounting & Finance majors) - Farmlands
- Kimberly Thompson (Management & Philosophy, Politics & Economics majors) - University of Otago, Human Resources
- Loren McErlean (Marketing major) - Unilever
- Rochelle Hawkins (Marketing & Human Nutrition majors) - Southern Hospitality
- Nicole Venz (Marketing & Psychology majors) - Mercy Hospital
- Mina Atayee (Accounting & Finance majors) - Sealord
- Erica Stevens (Accounting & Marketing majors) - Foodstuffs
- Emma Johns (Information Science major) - University of Otago, Information Technology Services
- Nathan Wilson (Marketing major) - Unilever
- Amanda Navaratne (Economics & Politics majors) - Bupa Care Services
“I was hoping to gain an invaluable experience that would not only give me the ability to stand out from the crowd when applying for a job but also really ensure that marketing was the area I wanted to build a career in.” Read more...
“I learned so much about how businesses operate and also details about accounting and finance. I learned the significance of communication and teamwork, and I also learned very valuable time management skills.” Read more...
"Definitely do it! There are no negatives about doing an internship. You may not want to take a year off studying but there are even Internships which go for six months. It can fit perfectly and only extends your degree for a year while getting paid." Read more...