Suzanne Pitama, Tim Wilkinson, Shereen Naicker, Melissa Paton, Robyn Maguigan, Suetonia Palmer (left to right)
The Office of the Dean is the administrative centre for all academic and administrative activities in the University of Otago, Christchurch and is accountable in all management matters to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Health Sciences).
It is located on the Ground Floor of the main campus building at 2 Riccarton Avenue, at the front of the Christchurch Hospital complex.
The Office is headed by Professor Suzanne Pitama, Dean and Head of Campus, University of Otago, Christchurch.
The Dean’s responsibilities include:
- Oversight of the administration of all undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- Co-ordination of strategic planning for the University of Otago, Christchurch
- Liaison within the University and with other health and education sector agencies
- Oversight of the day-to-day functioning of the Dean’s Department.
The Dean is assisted by staff of the Department of the Dean, and senior academic staff who hold part-time appointments in specific areas.
Our people in the Office of the Dean
Executive Assistant to the Dean
Senior Manager Client Services
- Associate Professor Logan Walker Research
- Professor Lutz Beckert Medical Education
- Associate Professor Margaret Currie Postgraduate Studies
- Professor Don Wilson Nelson
- Dr Kiki Maoate Pacific
- Dr Tania Huria Māori and Student Affairs