- Close date
- Friday, 24 January 2020
- Academic background
- Sciences, Health Sciences
- Host campus
- Radiology (Christchurch)
- Professor Anthony Butler, Dr Aamir Raja
This is one of many postgraduate research opportunities offered by the Department of Radiology.
The department has a range of radiology projects from basic imaging science to clinical studies. The department also hosts the bioengineering lab with projects in mechatronics, radiological software systems, and x-ray detector systems.
A major theme in the department is the development of 3D spectral x-ray imaging. As part of the project we are studying the underlying imaging technology such as energy selective photon processing detectors, construction of scanners, image recovery and computed tomography routines, image enhancement and material decomposition. The department uses small-bore scanners for this research and is in the development phase of building a human capable scanner for clinical trials.
Clinically focused spectral x-ray projects include research into cardiovascular disease, cancer, bone health and nano-particle drug delivery.
ContactProfessor Anthony Butler
Similar research opportunities
- A focus on identifying micro-organisms in situ with antibody directed contrast targeting
- Cardiovascular and atheroma imaging
- Clinically focused spectral x-ray projects include research into cardiovascular disease, cancer, bone health and nano-particle drug delivery
- Development of invasive aspergillosis mouse model for spectral CT imaging
- Fracture risk assessment and treatment monitoring of osteoporosis using MARS