If you have an interest in studying Irish and Scottish Studies, we have a range of papers and programmes available at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Papers with an Irish and Scottish Studies focus
- ENGL 241 ‘The Onlie True and Original Spook’: Irish-Scots Gothic and the Gothic as Genre
- ENGL 243 Tartan Noir: Scottish Crime Fiction
- ENGL341 ‘The Onlie True and Original Spook’: Irish-Scots Gothic and the Gothic as Genre
- ENGL 350 Special Topic: Contemporary Irish and Scottish Poetry
- HIST 328 Irish and Scottish Migrations in the 19th and 20th Centuries
- ENGL 472 Special Topic: Imagining Scotland
Irish and Scottish postgraduate studies
Future postgraduate students
Current postgraduate students
Creative writing at master's and PhD level
We also offer supervision in creative writing at both master's and PhD level.
Professor Sonja Tiernan is Éamon Cleary Chair of Irish Studies and Professor Liam McIlvanney is Stuart Chair of Scottish Studies.
We welcome MA and PhD research degree enquiries.