Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
How HRM can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations and a critical management perspective of HRM practices in order to make better management decisions.
Learn how good human resource management can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations, and to evaluate and make judgements about human resource management policies and strategies.
|Paper title||Human Resource Management|
|Teaching period(s)||2nd Non standard period (5 April 2021 - 21 May 2021)
6th Non standard period (1 November 2021 - 17 December 2021) (Distance learning)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,254.38|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,731.13|
- BMBA 506
- Limited to
- Only available to students enrolled in the Chinese Language version of the MBA.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the English Language version of the MBA, please see BMBA506
- Teaching staff
Convenor: Susan Steer
Textbooks are not required for this paper
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding how human resource management can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations sufficient to evaluate and make judgements about human resource management policies and strategies
- An ability to critique and analyse human resource management practices in order to make better management decisions
- Competence at a number of key tasks of human resource management