2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
How HRM can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations and a critical management perspective of HRM practices in order to make better management decisions.
Learn how good human resource management can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations, and to evaluate and make judgements about human resource management policies and strategies.
|Paper title||Human Resource Management|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020, expected to be offered in 2021|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,229.88|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,622.50|
- BMBA 506
- Limited to
- Only available to students enrolled in the Chinese Language version of the MBA.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the English Language version of the MBA, please see BMBA506
- Teaching staff
Convenor: Susan Steer
Textbooks are not required for this paper
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding how human resource management can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations sufficient to evaluate and make judgements about human resource management policies and strategies
- An ability to critique and analyse human resource management practices in order to make better management decisions
- Competence at a number of key tasks of human resource management