Key management decisions in areas of operations strategy, supply chain configuration and quality management, and techniques to analyse operational implications in different business sectors.
Understand concepts such as Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management and Innovation Management within an operational context. To identify, analyse and resolve typical problems that arise in an operations environment.
|Paper title||Operational Excellence|
|Teaching period||7th Non standard period (6 November 2023 - 22 December 2023) (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,355.75|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- BMBA 511
- Limited to
- Only available to students enrolled in the Chinese Language version of the MBA.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the English Language version of the MBA, please see BMBA511
- Teaching staff
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication, critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, information literacy, research, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will be able:
- To understand the operations management function of a manufacturing or service organisation
- To identify, analyse and resolve typical problems that arise in an operations environment
- To understand concepts such as Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management and Innovation Management within an operational context