Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Key management decisions in areas of operations strategy, supply chain configuration and quality management, and techniques to analyse operational implications in different business sectors.
Understand concepts such as Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management and Innovation Management within an operational context. To identify, analyse and resolve typical problems that arise in an operations environment.
|Paper title||Operational Excellence|
|Teaching period(s)||2nd Non standard period (7 March 2022 - 22 April 2022)
5th Non standard period (1 August 2022 - 16 September 2022) (Distance learning)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,292.75|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- CMBA 511
- Limited to
- PGDipBusAdmin, MBA, PGDipHealMgt, MHealSc, PGCertEM, PGDipEM, PGDipFBLM, MFBLM
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the Chinese Language version of the MBA, please see CMBA511
- Teaching staff
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication,
critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, information literacy, research,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- On completion of this paper students should be able:
- To understand the operations management function of a manufacturing or service organisation
- To identify, analyse and resolve typical problems that arise in an operations environment
- To understand concepts such as Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management and Innovation Management within an operational context