Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Key management decisions in areas of operations strategy, supply chain configuration and quality management, and techniques to analyse operational implications in different business sectors.
Understand concepts such as Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management and Innovation Management within an operational context. To identify, analyse and resolve typical problems that arise in an operations environment.
|Paper title||Operational Excellence|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (1 November 2021 - 17 December 2021)
3rd Non standard period (31 May 2021 - 16 July 2021) (Distance learning)
6th Non standard period (1 November 2021 - 17 December 2021) (Distance learning)
7th Non standard period (19 July 2021 - 3 September 2021) (Distance learning)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,254.38|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,731.13|
- CMBA 511
- Limited to
- PGDipBusAdmin, MBA, PGDipHealMgt, MHealSc, PGDipFBLM, MFBLM
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the Chinese Language version of the MBA, please see CMBA511
- Teaching staff
Convenor: Susan Steer
Textbooks are not required for this paper
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication,
critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, information literacy, research,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- On completion of this paper students should be able:
- To understand the operations management function of a manufacturing or service organisation
- To identify, analyse and resolve typical problems that arise in an operations environment
- To understand concepts such as Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management and Innovation Management within an operational context