Critical exploration of contemporary Pacific social issues, considering and developing relevant social service responses to identified Pacific social issues.
|Paper title||Pasifika and Social Services|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2019|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,338.27|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,439.89|
- Restriction:SOWK 508
- Limited to
- Limited to: BSW, MSCW (Applied)
- May not be credited with SOWK 411 or SOWK 521 completed in 2016 or 2017
- Learning Outcomes
Students completing SOWK 408 will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect on their initial understanding of Pacific peoples and their world views
- Identify where Pacific peoples’ issues are located within the ecological model
- Develop an awareness for ethnic-sensitive practice with Pacific peoples
- Be able to competently evaluate issues and develop an appropriate framework for practice in relation to a Pasifika social issue.
To be advised.
- Teaching staff
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding,
Ethics, Information literacy, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.