Consolidates and further develops students’ written, oral and aural skills using an approach based on real-life encounters and situations.
SPAN 331 emphasises an understanding of Spanish at an advanced level. This means that students will be required to apply the grammatical structures and vocabulary learnt previously. In this paper all four language skills consolidate enabling the student to communicate in Spanish. Students will explore the different variations in Spanish existing in the Hispanic world through a variety of activities, allowing them to extend their proficiency to an advanced level in Spanish.
Have you studied Spanish at school and wish to enhance your command of this major world language? SPAN 331 will expand your knowledge of Spanish grammar and vocabulary and give you opportunities to develop your skills in listening to, speaking, reading and writing in Spanish.
|Paper title||Advanced Spanish 1|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$886.35|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,766.35|
- SPAN 232 or SPAN 202.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email email@example.com for assistance.
- SPAN 301, SPAN 302, SPAN 332 or any other more advanced Spanish language paper
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Students should choose the level of paper appropriate to their knowledge of the language. Students may be moved to a higher or lower level of language paper at the discretion of the Programme Co-ordinator.
- Suitable for undergraduate students who have an intermediate level of Spanish, and are interested in acquiring an advanced proficiency in Spanish.
- Teaching staff
Paper Coordinator: Dr Moira Fortin
- Paper Structure
The paper focuses on the practical use of Spanish grammatical structures and vocabulary through oral discussions and blogs. The teaching methodology is student- driven; the lecturer and the tutor act as facilitators guiding the students in their journey to become independent users of the Spanish language. The course materials provide cultural content from El Chapulín Colorado to Pablo Neruda.
- Teaching Arrangements
- 3 hours of lectures per week and 1 tutorial.
Exploraciones Curso Intermedio, Enhanced, Loose-Leaf Version + iLrn™ Language Learning Center, Printed Access Card 1st Edition. Mary Ann Blitt (Author), Margarita Casas (Author), Mary T. Copple (Author)
- Course outline
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural
understanding, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper should be able to:
- Maintain a conversation in Spanish of 15-20 minutes.
- Write compositions of 800 words.
- Read and comprehend a short story in Spanish.