Advance your clinical skills through distance-taught case-based education
The Postgraduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Medical Gynaecology ( PGDipOMG ) and the Postgraduate Certificate in Pregnancy and Medical Gynaecology ( PGCertPMG ) are distance-taught case-based programmes designed to assist medical practitioners and allied health professionals progress their careers.
They are jointly taught by Otago Medical School; University of Otago, Christchurch; and University of Otago, Wellington.
Both courses enable you to:
- Study from home via audio conferences with an enthusiastic academic team and colleagues
- Develop practical skills at residential courses
- Find your own answers in clinical situations
- Research topics of interest
- Satisfy continuing medical education ( CME ) needs whilst expanding your knowledge base for everyday practice
- Meet colleagues and tutors
- Work through individualised programmes to suit individual needs
Postgraduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Medical Gynaecology ( PGDipOMG )
The Diploma provides a comprehensive practice-based education in obstetrics and medical gynaecology. It is particularly suitable for general practioner trainees and doctors considering a career in obstetrics and gynaecology.
Postgraduate Certificate in Pregnancy and Medical Gynaecology ( PGCertPMG )
The Certificate is designed for medical practitioners and allied health professionals wishing to improve their knowledge of women's health. It can be adapted to your educational needs and experience.
Please note the papers for the above qualifications were coded as OBGX until late-2014. The have been recoded as OBGY . All content remains unchanged.