This paper involves advanced, independent study. You will study a topic of your choice, with the support of a lecturer in the field.
|Paper title||Special Topic 2|
|Teaching period||Full Year (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,013.54|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- PGCertEdLn, PGDipEdLn, MEdLn, BA(Hons), PGDipArts, MA(Coursework), MA(Thesis)
- Students outside of the approved programmes, with 54 300-level EDUC points, may be admitted with approval from the Dean of the College of Education.
- Students will need to show evidence of their ability to study independently at this level. The topic of study must be approved by the College of Education.
- Teaching staff
Co-ordinator: To be confirmed.
Various teaching staff are involved depending on the topics being studied by students.
- Paper Structure
- Students design their own paper structure in conjunction with their mentors.
- Teaching Arrangements
This Distance Learning paper is a combination of remote and in-person teaching.
Students work largely independently, meeting with their mentors six times throughout the year. The paper is fully internally assessed.
- Students will be expected to access required readings via the library and the Internet and to source their own relevant readings.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to:
- Identify and critically review key literature in relation to an education-based topic
- Critically review theories and practices related to an education-based topic
- Report on educational research