Professional Learning and Development Accredited Facilitator (Specialisation: Literacy) ACC1622
With considerable experience in all levels of the primary school, both in teaching and in leadership, I assist teachers and leaders in developing curriculum in their school. I have strong theoretical knowledge of effective pedagogy around the delivery of curriculum, and how children learn. Having recently worked in the classroom and school environment, as well as working alongside teachers in a variety of primary and secondary schools as a literacy facilitator, I have insight and understanding of the needs and challenges within classrooms and schools.
I believe reflective practice and inquiry is critical for ensuring learners and learning are at the centre and support the importance of building strong relationships with all ākonga to enable effective teaching and learning to take place. I consider equity, local context, universal design for learning, and an evidence-based inquiry approach as foundational in co-constructing the learning. I believe the building of relationships, reflecting manaakitanga and whanaungatanga, are key to effective facilitation, and that the purpose of the mahi is clear to all.
My expertise includes
- Programmes for Students ( PfS ) mentor and coordinator- Supporting schools to develop a responsive and sustainable Tier 2 intervention in literacy based on individual school context and needs
- Teaching as inquiry for accelerated learning
- Supporting transitions and curriculum shifts in literacy within and across schools
- Facilitating robust Assessment for Learning practices alongside leaders and teachers within schools
- Leadership - facilitating change, mentoring and coaching
- PCT and mentor support
- Collaborative practice and environments
- Learning through Play pedagogy