Welcome to the Division of Health Sciences, University of Otago.
The Division of Health Sciences provides a range of support for Māori students embarking on a career in the Health Sciences.
The Māori Health Workforce Development Unit
The Māori Health Workforce Development Unit is committed to significantly growing the Māori health workforce in New Zealand.
The Unit works to increase the number of Māori entering into the University of Otago's health sciences professional and degree programmes—and strives for successful degree completion and academic excellence.
The Māori Health Workforce Development Unit sits within the Division of Health Sciences at the University of Otago. The Unit:
- Is funded by both the Ministry of Health and the University of Otago
- Is led and directed by a dedicated team of Māori staff
- Is guided by Māori values and philosophies in all its activities
- Aims to be a centre of excellence for Māori health workforce development with high quality strategic leadership, management, and evidence based programme delivery within the Health Sciences Division
Information, resources, and support for Māori students
The University of Otago has information, resources, and support for Māori students, available at the following centres:
- Māori Centre – Information on the resources and support available to Māori students
- Te Roopū Māori O Te Whare Wananga O Otago – The Māori Students' Association at the University of Otago
- Complete list of Māori student support services
- Find out about Health Sciences Māori Health Research