The Health Sciences Career Development Programme offers postdoctoral fellowships to outstanding Health Sciences graduates who have recently completed a degree at doctoral level.
These postdoctoral fellowships are usually available each year. In 2019 there were two application rounds, one position in the May round, and two positions in the November round.
Support health and biomedical research
Help us help our extremely talented and developing scientists by supporting our Flying Postdocs career development programme:
How to apply for a Health Sciences postdoctoral fellowship
The November 2019 funding round closes on Tuesday 5th November at 5pm.
- Read the Nov 2019 Guidelines
- Complete the Nov 2019 Application Form (Microsoft Word 84 KB)
- Read the postdoctoral fellow conditions of employment (PDF 80 KB)
- Apply via the Dean of the School, or HOD, where you wish to hold the fellowship
Other postdoctoral fellowships
Health Sciences doctoral graduates can also apply for a Rutherford Foundation postdoctoral fellowship.
The Rutherford Foundation is a charitable trust set up to provide support for the spectrum of PhD education, to postdoctoral research, and early career development.
The following Rutherford Fellowships are available:
- Rutherford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Rutherford Discovery Fellowships for outstanding mid-career researchers (less than 10 years post-PhD)
Other Postdoctoral Fellowships are available from charitable organisations such as:
Please contact your Research Adviser for full details.
Postdoctoral fellowships in the Department of Medicine
The Department of Medicine is a research-active department, representing all major medical specialties and undertaking basic, clinical and applied research on a wide range of topics.