Think you need help or have a specific question related to your study, research or university life? Talk to one of our student learning staff.
If you’re an enrolled undergraduate or postgraduate student, our staff can help you with many aspects of your study.
Here are some examples of how our staff can support you:
- Help with study-related issues
- Help with time management and workload issues
- Help with effective note-taking and note-making, exam revision, etc.
- Help you to clarify the focus and scope of an assignment topic and can assist with developing a plan to structure your ideas
- Support you to improve your writing -- sentence structure, paragraph formation, etc.
- Assist you to prepare a well-structured oral presentation or seminar. They can also run through it with you and provide constructive feedback
- Help you to identify online or other resources
- Assist with support for numeracy or statistics issues
- Direct you to other student support services as needed
- Assist postgraduate students to develop their research and thesis-writing skills
How do I make an appointment?
There are several ways. Student Learning Development staff are onsite at the University of Otago Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington and Southland campuses.
- If you’re on the Dunedin campus, drop into Student Learning Development in the south-west corner of the Central Library (ISB) Building to make an appointment
- Drop us an email or call:
- Dunedin campus or distance students: email@example.com or phone 03 479 8801
- Christchurch campus: 277 Montreal Street, Christchurch (by appointment – please email first): email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wellington campus: Medical Education Unit, Level G, Ward Support Block, University of Otago, Wellington: email email@example.com or phone 04 806 1593
- Southland campus: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 211 6724
- If you’re a distance student, no problem – we can work with you via Skype, Otago Connect, email or telephone, whichever suits. Please contact the Dunedin campus for more information.