Last updated January, 2021
UCA has the most modern urban campus in Argentina, made up of four impressive buildings, the first of which opened in 1996. There are five computer labs with full Internet access for the students, four university cafeterias, and a beautiful esplanade along the River Plate. The facilities also include a church, four multimedia auditoriums, banking and ATM services, health center, Xerox machines, a comfortable open-shelf library and Argentina's best on campus TV and Radio studios. All the buildings are connected by an underground tunnel.
Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, is the one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the Americas, with characteristics shaped by European immigration in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. BA has magnificent buildings, monuments and parks, and although it is a big city, its transportation system makes it easy to move around.
- Limited number of courses in English.
- Academic Year: March - December (First Semester: March - July; Second Semester: August - December).
- Minimum course load: 12 class hours per week (1 class hour=45 minutes); maximum course load: 20 class hours per week. A regular UCA student takes 15-20 credits per semester.
- 1 UCA Credit is equivalent to 1 class hour per week (1 class hour = 45 minutes).
- UCA course progression: 1- 1st year; 2 - 2nd year; 3 - 3rd year; 4 - 4th year; 5 - 5th year.
- Almost all courses at UCA are taught in Spanish, so all candidates are required a B2-Spanish language level. The Spanish Placement exam from UCA is mandatory to ALL exchange students and it has NO COST. Those students who do not have a B2-Spanish language level are required to enroll in a Language Practice Course (courses have a fee).
- Students must have completed at least two years university study before arriving at UCA.
- UCA ELE is especially designed for international students. It has a reduced cost for exchange students and students must arrange payment directly to UCA.
- Students have a choice of home-stay, student residences or flats. There is no campus housing at UCA. The International Office will provide help in finding a place to live, but students are responsible for their own accommodation arrangements.
- Not a suitable destination for students using the services of the Otago Disability Office.
- UCA Faculties
- Programa de Estudios Latinoamericanos
- UCA ELE - Spanish as foreign language
- UCA International
- Information on student visas and insurance for students going on exchange
- 2019 S2 BA POLS DP (PDF)
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.