- Close date
- Friday, 26 February 2021
- Academic background
- Humanities, Sciences, Health Sciences
- Host campuses
- Christchurch, Dunedin
- Population Health (Christchurch)
- Dr Angela Curl, Dr James Berghan, Ms Christina McKerchar
A fully-funded PhD Scholarship is available with the Activating Change Through Interventions for Active Travel in our Neighbourhoods (ACTIVATION) project, which is co-funded by the Healthier Lives and Ageing Well National Science Challenges.
The ACTIVATION project is investigating how moving to higher density central city environments in Ōtautahi (Christchurch) changes people's travel practices and affects their health and wellbeing.
There is considerable scope to develop the PhD project in areas of mutual interest to the successful candidate and the wider research programme. Proposals that align with the following research objectives are particularly welcomed:
- Investigate Māori design frameworks for city regeneration
- Investigate the mobility experiences of older adults who move to the central city
The successful applicant can be based at the University of Otago in Christchurch or Dunedin but will require regular travel to Christchurch.
Tel +64 3 364 3626