Grants available to Otago students taking part in the Otago Global Student Exchange Programme.
Otago Global Travel Grant
All Otago students (international and domestic) taking part in the programme will receive an Otago Global Travel Grant. No application needed.
- NZ$ 1000 (for one or two semesters)
- NZ$ 500 (for less than one semester)
Note: a student may only ever receive one Otago Global Travel Grant.
Otago Global Matariki Scholarship
All Otago students (international and domestic) will receive a grant of NZ$500 when attending a Matariki Network of Universities Partner on exchange:
- Durham University, England
- Queen's University, Canada
- University of Tübingen, Germany
- The University of Western Australia, Australia
- Uppsala University, Sweden
Otago Global 20th Anniversary Award
The University of Otago is celebrating twenty years of the Otago Global Student Exchange Programme, and in recognition of this milestone has established the Otago Global 20th Anniversary Awards. Over the next few years one award will be made available when we reach 20 years of exchanging students with each partner institution.
- Eligibility: exchange students going to the selected institutions are eligible to apply.
- Number of awards: One per institution.
- Award value: NZ$1500
- How to apply: application form along with a 30-second video.
- 2020-2021 application deadline: 30 August 2021
In 2020-2021 we celebrate 20 years with:
- Aalto University, School of Business, Finland
- Catholic University of Louvain, Business School, Belgium
- Copenhagen Business School (CBS), Denmark
- Erasmus University, Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands
- ESADE, Spain
- Hirosaki University, Japan
- Rissho University, Japan
- Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
- Universität Heidelberg (Ruprecht-Karls-Universität), Germany
- Universität St Gallen, Switzerland
- Université Jean Moulin (Lyon 3), France
- University of Hawai'i at Manoa, USA
- University of Helsinki, Finland
- University of Iceland, Iceland
- University of Oregon, USA
- University of Western Australia, Australia
- Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
- Western University, Canada
- Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, Austria
Westpac Travelling Scholarships (Business School)
The Westpac Travelling Scholarships are awarded to students studying within the Otago Business School. To be eligible students must have been accepted into the Otago Global Student Exchange Programme; be applying for a school on the current approved exchange partner list; show a capacity for leadership and responsibility in business, community or educational affairs.
- Award value: up to NZ$3000
- Westpac Travelling Scholarships information and application form.
If you are entitled to StudyLink Loans and Allowances at Otago, this should also be available to you while on exchange.
Note: grants and awards are reviewed annually.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for all enquiries.