Alumni of the University of Otago can access resources for research, as well as other library services.
Can I still borrow books from the library after I graduate? Yes! But first you will need to obtain a Graduate's library card.
To obtain a Graduate's library card:
- Fill in the Library Registration form
- Borrowing entitlements – what you can borrow, and for how long.
- Hours – for all libraries.
- Library locations – a map of the library locations for the Dunedin Campus.
- Christchurch campus information for graduates.
- Wellington campus information for graduates.
As Alumni, you are able to access the following resources:
- Library catalogue – search for material in the library.
- OUR Heritage – images of items held in the University, including Hocken Collections. Updated regularly.
- Hakena – archives and manuscripts specific catalogue for Hocken Collections.
- New items – updated on Fridays. RSS feeds are available for specific subjects or by library.
- Open Access Databases and E-Journals – links to databases and peer-reviewed or refereed journals.
- Online exhibitions – images, text and captions of previous exhibitions held in Special Collections, Central Library.
- Subject guides – these include lists of useful references and web sites (note: the subscription electronic databases and indexes are not accessible to Alumni).
Copying and Printing
Graduates and non-graduates may use a free Uniprint Shop guest card and load funds onto this for photocopying and printing.
The Uniprint Shop is located in the Central Library, open Monday–Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
The University Library offers a number of exhibitions throughout the year. Entry is free.