Full Membership of the Library is available to staff and students of the University of Otago, Christchurch and Te Whatu Ora Waitaha Canterbury. There may be charges for some services. A schedule of charges is available from the Canterbury Medical Library Loans Desk.
Other individuals may apply for external membership of the library. Those applying for personal membership should be practising health professionals.
To Join the Library
Library membership for University of Otago Christchurch staff and students is automatic.
Te Whatu Ora Waitaha Canterbury staff are required to complete a registration form and hand this in to the Library Loans Desk. The registration form must be authorised by their unit or service manager. Members are also required to show identification when joining the Library.
Full membership entitles users to
- access and use the collections of the Canterbury Medical Library and the wider collections of the University of Otago
- access the advice and knowledge of specialist librarian staff
- access informal training in the use of the library catalogue and databases
The following services are available to full members and may be charged separately.
- interloan of materials from other New Zealand libraries and overseas
- literature searches, contents pages, current awareness and research services for Te Whatu Ora Waitaha Canterbury staff