The University of Otago Medical School has an international reputation for the calibre of its research and postgraduate programmes. Staff at the School carry out collaborative research with pre-eminent institutions, while a number of graduates hold professorial appointments at leading international institutions.
A number of multidisciplinary research projects span our three campuses.The medical school also supports research into medical and other clinical education.
Research offices in the Division of Health Sciences and each School provide support for biomedical and clinical science research. The Education Development and Staff Support Unit (EDSSU) of Otago Medical School provides support for medical and clinical education.
Expertise within Otago Medical School is comprehensive:
- Research at the Dunedin Medical Campus
- Research at the Christchurch Medical Campus
- Research at the Wellington Medical Campus
- Postgraduate research opportunities database (Division of Health Sciences)
- Research centres (Division of Health Sciences)
- Research policies, strategies, and committees (Division of Health Sciences)
- Research themes (Division of Health Sciences)
- Staff expertise database / academic staff profiles
Otago Medical School is strongly committed to using research to inform learning and curriculum development, and participates in local and international research collaborations. Joy Rudland is the first point of contact for anyone considering or undertaking medical education research.