If you are considering sending us a proposal or manuscript, please note the following:
1. Please browse our website to make sure your book is the kind of book we publish. For example, at present we are not publishing new fiction other than poetry.
2. Whether you are submitting a proposal or a finished manuscript we need the following:
- • A contents page, an overall synopsis AND a brief chapter-by-chapter synopsis;
• At least two sample chapters;
• A proposal document/ covering letter telling us about the manuscript: what it aims to do; how it fits in with the existing literature on the topic; who the audience is.
• An up-to-date CV.
3. Assessments and acquisition decisions are made by an Editorial Board, which meets every two months. Promising manuscripts are also sent out to peer reviewers. We will acknowledge receipt immediately, but the assessment process can take time.
4. We would prefer that you not submit your proposal or manuscript simultaneously to multiple publishers. If you are intending to do so, however, please note this fact in your covering letter.
5. Your newly completed thesis is unlikely to be publishable as a book without substantial revision. For some tips on how to approach this, you might like to check out the following links:
Please make your submission by email, including documents as attachments, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to submit hard-copy material to accompany your proposal or manuscript, please send to Manuscripts, Otago University Press, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand.
If you have any queries that are not answered above, please email email@example.com
Click to download our House Style Guide (PDF) or Manuscript Preparation Guide (PDF).