Alumni of the University of Otago can access resources for research, as well as other library services.
If you still want to borrow books from the Library after you graduate, you can! You just need to first obtain a Graduate's library card.
To obtain a Graduate's Library Card:
Fill in the Library Registration form
- Borrowing entitlements – what you can borrow, and for how long.
- Hours – for all libraries.
- Library locations – a map of the library locations for the Dunedin Campus.
- Christchurch campus information for graduates.
- Wellington campus information for graduates.
As Alumni, you are able to access the following resources:
- Library catalogue – search for material in the library.
- OUR Heritage – images of items held in the University, including Hocken Collections. Updated regularly.
- Hakena – archives and manuscripts specific catalogue for Hocken Collections.
- New items – updated on Fridays. RSS feeds are available for specific subjects or by library.
- Open Access Databases and E-Journals – search the Library catalogue and identify by using the Open access results filter and icon.
- Online exhibitions – images, text and captions of previous exhibitions held in Special Collections, Central Library.
- Subject guides – these include lists of useful references and web sites (note: the subscription electronic databases and indexes are not accessible to Alumni).
Copying and printing
Graduates and non-graduates may use a free Uniprint Shop guest card and load funds onto this for photocopying and printing.
The Uniprint Shop is located in the Central Library, open Monday–Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
The University Library offers a number of exhibitions throughout the year. Entry is free.