Red X iconGreen tick iconYellow tick icon

Making changes

You can make changes to your paper selection in your eVision portal under “Programmes and Papers” if you have not yet completed the course enrolment declaration. Information about changing your papers at different steps of the enrolment process is on the AskOtago website:

Changing my papers

For further assistance, contact AskOtago.

Course enrolment declarations will become available in eVision from December. If you cannot access it, it may not yet be available or you may still need to fulfil some conditions (e.g. gaining University Entrance). Check your eVision alerts for any outstanding conditions, or contact AskOtago for assistance.

Log into eVision

Contact AskOtago

Want to talk to an expert before making any of these changes?

If you would like to discuss your changes first, advisers from Student Development are available in person and by phone or Zoom. They are also available for drop-in appointments Monday to Friday afternoons from 1–4pm in the AskOtago Central Hub.

Make an appointment with a Student Development Student Adviser

We may also contact you to discuss your changes before they are processed.

Adding and deleting papers

If you wish to add, drop, or change papers and have completed the course enrolment declaration, you can do this yourself through eVision (deadlines apply). See above.

Paper selections that include timetable clashes may not be accepted. You can view timetable information for papers using the Web timetable viewer available on the Study Timetables page.

Making changes to your papers has implications for your fees, StudyLink loans and allowances, and academic record. It may also affect the immigration status of international students. See the webpage for more information.

Changing your programme

If you wish to change your programme (i.e. add, drop, or change qualifications, whether or not any papers are being changed) you will first need to apply via eVision for each new programme.

Once you have received and accepted an offer to the new programme(s), you can then drop any unwanted programmes.

If you wish to make any related changes to your papers you can also do this yourself through eVision. See above.

Withdrawing from a paper(s)

If you wish to withdraw from a paper or papers and have completed the course enrolment declaration, you can withdraw via your eVision portal.

See the Adding, deleting and withdrawing from papers page for more information.

Changing your major or minor subject(s)

If you wish to make a change to your major or minor subject(s), you can do this yourself through eVision. See above.

Late Paper Addition

After the last day to add papers for a teaching period has passed, you require approval to enrol in a new paper from the Head of Department (HOD) for the department that offers that standard paper.

Late paper addition can be requested using Special Permission in Change of Course via eVision before the last day to delete papers.

Important dates

There are strict deadlines for completing changes to your course:

Enrolment deadlines

It's your course

Through eVision you can check the papers you are enrolled for and whether or not any requested changes have been processed. It is your responsibility, and in your own best interests, to ensure that your course of study is in accordance with the relevant regulations in the University Calendar and that your enrolment correctly records the papers you are taking.

Want to talk through your changes before you make them?

Make an appointment to talk to one of the Student Development Student Advisers.

Want to check that you're on track with your course of study?

Make an appointment to talk to one of the Student Development Student Advisers.

Need help with the change of course process?

Visit the AskOtago Service Portal

Back to top