Accessibility Skip to Global Navigation Skip to Local Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Site Map Menu

Adding, deleting and withdrawing from papers

Students taking notes in a lecture

You can normally only make changes to your papers within certain timeframes.

If you wish to add, drop, or change papers, and have completed the course approval declaration, you will need to complete a change request form.

Paper selections that include timetable clashes may not be accepted. See the Timetable Clash information for students page for more information. You can view timetable information for papers using the Web Timetable viewer.

Adding, deleting or withdrawing from papers (including in exceptional circumstances) has implications for your fees, StudyLink loans and allowances, and academic record. It may also affect the immigration status of international students.

Adding papers

You can add papers to your course of study up to the due date. The additional paper(s) will be added to your academic record and will increase the fees you're required to pay or count towards your fees-free entitlement.

Deleting papers

If you delete a paper from your course of study by the due date you will be entitled to a refund of tuition fees for that paper, and the paper will be removed from your academic record. Deleted papers do not count towards fees-free entitlements.

If you delete all of your papers by the due date, any tuition fees you've paid will be refunded less a Tuition Refund fee.

Withdrawing from papers

If the last day to delete has passed you can withdraw from a paper, however there is no refund of fees for withdrawn papers, and your liability for any unpaid fees will remain. Withdrawn papers count towards fees-free entitlements.

If you withdraw from a paper by the due date, the paper will continue to be listed on your academic record, but will have 'Withdrawn' noted beside it.

Additional information for Health Sciences First Year (HSFY) students is available on the HSFY website.

It's your course

Through eVision you can check the papers you are enrolled for and whether or not any requested changes have been processed. It is your responsibility, and in your own best interests, to ensure that your course of study is in accordance with the relevant regulations in the University Calendar and that your enrolment correctly records the papers you are taking.

^ Top of page

Want to talk through your changes before you make them?

Make an appointment to talk to one of the Student Development Student Advisers.