Students who have completed the third year requirements for the Bachelor of Dental Technology (BDentTech) degree with an average grade of at least B+ for the prescribed 300-level papers may apply for admission to the Honours programme.
Regulations for the Degree of Bachelor of Dental Technology with Honours (BDentTech(Hons))
Admission to the Programme
- Admission to the Honours programme shall be subject to the approval of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Health Sciences) on the advice of the Faculty of Dentistry.
- An applicant who has passed the final year of the Bachelor of Dental Technology programme with an average grade of at least B+ for the prescribed 300-level papers may be admitted to the Honours programme.
Structure of the Programme
- The programme shall consist of the papers prescribed in the Schedule and shall normally be pursued over one year of full-time study.
- Assessment for the various papers is formative and summative.
- Assessment may use a variety of oral, practical and written examinations as required by examiners.
- For practical papers, students are required to pass the theoretical and practical components of the paper.
Standard of Award of the Degree
- The degree may be awarded with First Class Honours, with Second Class Honours (Division I), with Second Class Honours (Division II), or with Third Class Honours. The class of Honours awarded shall be determined by the Board of Examiners with the approval of the Faculty of Dentistry on the performance of the candidate in their research paper DTEC 411.
On the recommendation of the Faculty, the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Health Sciences) may in exceptional circumstances, approve a course of study which does not comply with these regulations.