Grants available to Otago students taking part in the Otago Global Student Exchange Programme starting their exchange in 2019:
Otago Global Travel Grant
All Otago students (international and domestic) taking part in the programme will receive an Otago Global Travel Grant. No application needed.
- NZ$ 1000 (for one or two semesters)
- NZ$ 500 (for less than one semester)
Note: a student may only ever receive one Otago Global Travel Grant.
Otago Global Matariki Scholarship
All Otago students (international and domestic) will receive a grant of NZ$500 when attending a Matariki Network of Universities Partner on exchange:
- Durham University, England
- Queen's University, Canada
- University of Tübingen, Germany
- The University of Western Australia, Australia
- Uppsala University, Sweden
Otago Global 20th Anniversary Award
The University of Otago is celebrating twenty years of the Otago Global Student Exchange Programme, and in recognition of this milestone has established the Otago Global 20th Anniversary Awards. Over the next few years one award will be made available when we reach 20 years of exchanging students with each partner institution.
- Eligibility: exchange students going to the selected institutions are eligible to apply.
- Number of awards: One per institution.
- Award value: NZ$1500
- Application deadline (S1 and S2 exchange): August each year
- 2019 Otago Global 20th Anniversary Award Application Form
In 2019 we celebrate 20 years with:
- Mount Allison University, Canada
- University of Alberta, Canada
- University of British Columbia, Canada
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile
- University of Glasgow, Scotland
- University of Strathclyde, Scotland
- Lund University, Sweden
- University of Richmond, USA.
In 2020 we celebrate 20 years with:
- University of Western Australia
- Western University, Canada
- Université Jean Moulin (Lyon 3), France
- Universität Heidelberg (Ruprecht-Karls-Universität), Germany
- Hirosaki University, Japan
- Rissho University, Japan
- ESADE, Spain
- University of Oregon, USA
Otago Global Video Grant
My Exchange Experience in 60 Seconds
The International Office at the University of Otago will award two grants a year for the videos that best capture the exchange journey and their learning experiences abroad.
- Eligibility: Otago students on exchange each year.
- Number of awards: up to two grants each year.
- Award value: NZ$ 500 each.
- Application deadline: February each year (S1 and S2 exchange).
- See full details and the 2018 application guidelines.
Otago Global Citizen Award
This award will be granted based on quality and quantity of promotional activities undertaken while on and after exchange.
- Number of awards: up to three per semester.
- Award value: NZ$1000
- Eligibility: student must be returning to Otago after their exchange.
- Payment will be made in either June or October following return to Otago.
- Otago Global Citizen Award Form (290K PDF format)
Westpac Travelling Scholarships (Business School)
The Westpac Travelling Scholarships are awarded to students studying within the Otago Business School. To be eligible students must have been accepted into the Otago Global Student Exchange Programme; be applying for a school on the current approved exchange partner list; show a capacity for leadership and responsibility in business, community or educational affairs.
- Award value: up to NZ$3000
- Westpac Travelling Scholarships information and application form.
If you are entitled to StudyLink Loans and Allowances at Otago, this should also be available to you while on exchange.
Note: grants and awards are reviewed annually.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for all enquiries.