We offer two different Masters degrees:
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Theology (MTheol)
Master of Arts (MA) and Master of Theology (MTheol) Degrees
The Master of Arts and Master of Theology can be taken in two forms:
- a 'taught' programme, which consists of one year of taught papers (three taught papers at 400-level and a research essay of 17-20,000 words) followed by a year of research
- a one-year research programme, leading to a 40,000-word Master's dissertation
Students with an Honours degree or equivalent in Theology may apply to proceed directly to the one-year, 'research' degree. Those with an ordinary Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Theology, or equivalent in the subject take the two-year route.
The first year of a two-year Master's has the same requirements as the final year of an Honours degree, or a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts or a Postgraduate Diploma in Theology.
While a number of the taught papers at 400-level are available by distance study, a full selection may not be on offer in a given year, and students studying by distance may need to take longer than one year to complete the taught element of the degree.
Majors in the two degrees
- MTheol can major in Biblical Studies or Christian Thought and History or Pastoral Theology
- MA can major in Biblical Studies or Christian Thought and History