The principles of physiological monitoring of cardiovascular, respiratory and neurological status, imaging, and the interpretation of physiological data.
|Paper title||Physiological Monitoring for Medical Technicians|
|Teaching period||Full Year (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,938.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- MTEX 702
- Limited to
- PGCertMedTech, PGDipMedTech
- Suitable for graduates with a science degree - in particular those who are interested in physiology/anatomy and want to work as a sleep or cardiac physiologist.
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- We have organised the paper into four modules:
- Evidence-based medicine
- Electricity and electrical signals
- Electrical signal measurement
- Fluid and gas flow
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper has a compulsory three-day residential course held at the Wellington campus.
- There is no required textbook for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper involves understanding the principles of physiological monitoring, with
an emphasis on:
- Cardiovascular, respiratory and neurological signals
- The interpretation of physiological data