Creating and sharing ideas in a connected world
What is intellectual property? How does it affect me? - A brief overview.
Copyright (8 minutes) - Richard White, University Copyright Officer
What is Creative Commons? How can it help me to share and build upon the work of others? Can I license my own work with CC?
What are Open Educational Resources? Why would universities give their learning materials away for free? - A brief history of OER and thoughts about their role in the future of education.
Answers to other questions staff often ask (UniTube links):
- Legal use of digital images
- Legal use of journal articles in Blackboard, for course use. And depositing a thesis in OUR archive
- Use of images, Journal articles, videos in Blackboard
- Why are there screening restrictions on using Library dvds and videos? Audio-visual Services, Library.
- Rights in recording lectures for Blackboard or Public viewing (Students or Lecturers)
'Creating and sharing ideas in a connected world' by University of Otago is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 New Zealand License.
These short videos were recorded at the seminar 'Creating and sharing ideas in a connected world' held in July 2010 and provide advice within an Otago context. The assistance of the Audio Visual Support and Development Unit (ITS) is gratefully acknowledged in the production of these re-usable learning materials for staff.