A systematic and in-depth analytic treatment of management accounting topics that encourages the application of analytic reasoning and use of formal models to assist managers in decision making and control activities.
|Paper title||Management Accounting|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$829.65|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,993.30|
- ACCT 222 and (ACCT 233 or ACFI 201)
- Schedule C
- More information link
- For further information, please email email@example.com.
- Teaching staff
- Dr Sriya Kumarasinghe
- Paper Structure
- Understanding and integrating theories of Organisational Behaviour, Strategic Management and Organisational Theory to Management Accounting.
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught through lectures and seminars.
- Revenue and Cost Management Authors: William Maguire and Paul Rouse.Publisher: South-Western Cengage Learning
- Course outline
- View the course outline for ACCT 307
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper will build on the student's existing management accounting knowledge by:
- Carrying out costing and quantitative techniques at an advanced level
- Reviewing the literature that challenges the validity of traditional quantitative techniques
- Applying and defending the appropriateness of techniques to the production and presentation of information for management decision making by the use of case studies