An opportunity to investigate in some depth an area of current research in accountancy in which the student is interested. (No more than 10,000 words.)
|Paper title||Dissertation or Case Study|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2018|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,116.79|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,383.06|
- ACFI 359
- Limited to
- Admission subject to approval from Head of Department.
- BCom Honours and Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce:
To be admitted to Honours (Hons), students must have completed a Bachelor of Commerce degree, majoring in the subject or subjects of study proposed, with an average grade of at least B+ for the appropriate 300-level papers. In most cases, specific papers must have been passed as part of or in addition to the major subject requirements in the BCom programme. The Honours programme must be completed in one year of full-time study, papers and written dissertation.The Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce (PGDipCom) is a two-semester paper-based programme designed for graduates seeking to build on their undergraduate degree and enhance their career prospects. Unlike the Bachelor of Commerce with Honours (BCom(Hons)) degree, it does not require students to write a dissertation. The PGDipCom may be awarded with distinction or credit.
- Teaching staff
- To be advised
- Teaching Arrangements
- Student teacher meetings and group meetings
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
- View the handbook for Accounting BCom (Hons) and PGDipCom
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- An opportunity to investigate in some depth an area of current research in accountancy in which the student is interested. (No more than 10,000 words.)