Materials related to exercise and human performance. Examples include sport applications.
For a more complete description of this paper please view the Centre for Materials Science and Technology website
|Paper title||Materials in Human Performance|
|Subject||Clothing and Textile Sciences|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,038.45|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,492.80|
- 36 points
- Schedule C
- A background in biological and/or physical sciences is recommended.
- More information link
- View more information on the Centre for Materials Science and Technology website
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: Professor Raechel Laing
- Reading list provided.
- Course outline
- View the course outline for CLTE 207
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Environmental literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Critically evaluate guidelines and codes of practice adopted by selected New Zealand sports groups
- Identify and describe the physical properties and performance of materials and garment assemblies used in sport
- Explain the scope and size of the relevant industry
- Review and evaluate relevant literature
- Communicate clearly in oral and written forms