Co-ordination of knowledge of oral health care and public health to gain an understanding and skills in management and evaluation of oral health programmes for patient, community and population groups based on sound scientific, clinical outcome and financial bases.
|Paper title||Dental Therapy Management Practice|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2018|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,711.25|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,398.75|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: Dr Susan Moffat
- Daly B, Watt RG, Batchelor P & Treasure ET (2013). Essential Dental Public Health. 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper aims to facilitate the student's understanding of the nature and workings of New Zealand's oral health services, including how New Zealanders use those services, the process of oral health service delivery, the economics of dentistry and how best to ensure and monitor quality in oral health care.