Preparation of a thesis proposal. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree in Geography by papers and thesis.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,563.41|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,710.93|
- Limited to
- MA, MSc
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information about GEOG 495
- Teaching staff
- Co-ordinator: Dr Ralf Ohlemuller
Each student will be supervised by the member of staff most relevant to the proposed area of research.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Postgraduate seminars run by the Department of Geography are relevant to the research process and are designed with GEOG 495 students in mind. Your attendance at these seminars is compulsory.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Environmental
literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students initiate an independently driven research project. Research is undertaken within a specific sub-discipline of geography/environmental management, supervised and advised by one or more academic staff members. Students who successfully complete this paper will have learned the skills that they need to complete the second research-focused year of the programme.