Develops practical knowledge of different levels and styles of spoken and written German.
In GERM 331 you will further extend your knowledge of German by taking part in a range of discussions on current topics of German society. You will join the class's own social networking site to connect to your classmates and relevant online materials. Keeping a personal blog, you will be able to use your German continously and apply it to your personal interests. Taking GERM 331 will equip you to become a truly independent language learner.
|Paper title||Intermediate German 2|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for 2015 have not yet been set|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- GERM 231 or GERM 114. You may be able to take this paper without the prerequisite if you can demonstrate the required ability. Use the special permission process to apply to do this; please proceed through the application process to reach the window for Special Permission. This request together with any documentation you provide or request for the transfer of credit(s) will then be submitted for approval.
- GERM 201 or GERM 334 or any other more advanced German language paper.
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Antonie Alm
- More information link
further information about GERM 331
View details of the online placement test
- Paper Structure
- The paper covers modules on intercultural communication, everyday communication and topics of general interest. It further includes various grammar points (syntax, negation, passive, relative clauses, genitive prepositions and relative pronouns and prepositional phrases).
- Aspekte 2 Textbook and Workbook Klett-Langenscheidt Verlag
- Teaching Arrangements
- The class meets three times a week for one hour and has a social networking component. Classes are conducted in German and are based on three textbook units, complemented by online materials.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, lifelong learning, communication, information literacy, self-motivation, teamwork. View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Upon completion of GERM 331, students will have advanced to Level B2 of the European
Framework of Reference for Languages and will be able to:
- Understand extended speech and lectures on familiar topics
- Understand most film dialogue in standard German
- Take an active part in discussion in familiar contexts
- Present clear, detailed descriptions on a wide range of subjects related to their field of interest
- Write clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects related to their interests
- Suitable for students in German who have completed GERM 231 or who have an appropriate level of German.
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 9-14,16-22||Tues, Wed, Thurs : 11:00-11:50|