Develops practical knowledge of different levels and styles of spoken and written German.
In GERM 331 you will further extend your knowledge of German by taking part in a range of discussions on current topics of German society. You will join the class's own social networking site to connect to your classmates and relevant online materials. Keeping a personal blog, you will be able to use your German continuously and apply it to your personal interests. Taking GERM 331 will equip you to become a truly independent language learner.
|Paper title||Intermediate German 2|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$851.85|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,585.00|
- GERM 231 or GERM 114.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- GERM 201 or GERM 334 or any other more advanced German language paper.
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Suitable for students in German who have completed GERM 231 or who have an appropriate level of German.
- More information link
- View details of the online placement test: https:"www.goethe.de/de/spr/kup/tsd.html
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Cecilia Novero
- Paper Structure
- The paper covers modules on intercultural communication, everyday communication and topics of general interest. It further includes various grammar points (syntax, negation, passive, relative clauses, genitive prepositions and relative pronouns and prepositional phrases).
- Teaching Arrangements
- The class meets for 3 lectures per week and has a social networking component. Classes are conducted in German and are based on three text book units, complemented by online materials.
- Aspekte neu B2 Textbook and Workbook Klett-Langenscheidt Verlag
- Course outline
- View the course outline for GERM 331
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Cultural understanding, Information
literacy, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Upon completion of GERM 331, students will have advanced to level B2 of the European
Framework of Reference for Languages and will be able to:
- Understand extended speech and lectures on familiar topics
- Understand most film dialogue in standard German
- Take an active part in discussion in familiar contexts
- Present clear, detailed descriptions on a wide range of subjects related to their field of interest
- Write clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects related to their interests