A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
This paper is one of the options for students enrolled in the Postgraduate Diploma of Marine Science. It involves a year-long field- or lab-based independent research project, culminating in a major dissertation. You may use this qualification to go on to another research degree (e.g. MSc or PhD). The other option is to undertake a shorter desktop review and enrol in the 20-point equivalent paper: MARI 480. Admission to the programme is contingent on having a supervisor and a research project ready to go.
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,010.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,710.93|
- Limited to
- BAppSc(Hons), PGDipSci
- More information link
- View more information about MARI 490
- Teaching staff
- Fourth-Year Co-ordinator: Dr Candida Savage
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Gained significant knowledge and experience in undertaking individual research.