Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science (PGDipMLSc)Apply Now
The Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science (PGDipMLSc) is open to well-qualified BMLSc graduates, and other medical laboratory scientists who can demonstrate an interest and aptitude for research. The Diploma is designed to prepare candidates for full-time research and thesis preparation for a Master of Medical Laboratory Science (MMLSc) degree, and thus includes a mix of course work and basic research. Both the Diploma and the Masters degree may be taken part- or full-time. There are special requirements to be met, and candidates are advised to consult with their potential supervisor, and with the BMLSc Course Director as early as possible.
Schedule of Papers
Regulations for the Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science (PGDipMLSc)
Admission to the Programme
- Admission to the programme shall be subject to the approval of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Health Sciences).
- Every applicant shall be a graduate in Medical Laboratory Science, or have a qualification acceptable to the Board of Studies in Medical Laboratory Science.
Structure of the Programme
The programme of study shall comprise the following:
- MELS 510
- either HASC 411 and HASC 413 or one of HASC 417, PHCY 506, or PUBH 711 and PUBH 725
- MELS 580 Research Project.
Duration of the Programme
- The programme of study shall comprise one year of full-time study, or the equivalent in part-time study.
- A full-time candidate shall complete the requirements of the diploma within two years, and a part-time candidate shall complete the requirements within four years.
Level of Award of the Diploma
The diploma may be awarded with distinction or with credit.
The Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Health Sciences) may in exceptional circumstances approve a course of study which does not comply with these regulations.