Course work in a Medical Laboratory Science discipline at an advanced level with an emphasis on current areas of research and emerging diagnostic techniques and their application in managing disease.
|Paper title||Advanced Medical Laboratory Science Practice|
|Subject||Medical Laboratory Science|
|Points||45 points 45 points 45 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, Full Year, Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,119.75|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$14,235.00|
- Limited to
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Julia Horsfield
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking,
Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Able to carry out a focused search of the available scientific literature on specified topics
- Able to comprehend and critically analyse the relevant published literature
- Able to collate and synthesise research and case study information to produce coherent, critical and logical accounts
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the theory and practice of current and emerging diagnostic techniques