The ITS Divisional Plan (.pdf, 1.6MB) sets out the direction for Information Technology Services over the next year. This plan lists all of our projects and planned activities and what these mean for you.
The ITS current project list (.pdf, 352KB) provides information about the projects that we are currently working on. The Monthly Project Status Report (.pdf, 309KB) contains more detailed information on individual projects.
You can also check out our news and events page for the latest information about our projects and activities.
- would like any information about our projects
- have work that you consider to be a project which would benefit from our skills and expertise or
- would like some guidance with your own project(s)
Regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines
The University has developed a number of regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines to help staff and students understand what the University’s expectations are in terms of appropriate and responsible use of information technology.
- Web Policy
- Electronic Directories Policy
- Software Licence Compliance Policy
- Email Policy
- Server Registration Policy
- Email Server Policy
- Internet Usage Policy
- Copyright Infringement Notice Procedures
- Remote Access Procedure (including VPN)
- Server Administration Procedure
- Software Security Updates (Patching) Procedure
- Anti-virus Procedure
- University Network Interconnection Procedure
- Internet Domain Names Procedure
University of Otago Cabling Standards (.pdf, 1.7MB)
University of Otago Data Cabling Approved Product List (.pdf, 336KB)
University of Otago Change Register (.pdf, 4.9MB)