The ITS Divisional Plan (.pdf, 1.6MB) sets out the direction for Information Technology Services over the next year. This plan lists all of our projects and planned activities and what these mean for you.
The ITS current project list (.pdf, 352KB) provides information about the projects that we are currently working on. The Monthly Project Status Report (.pdf, 309KB) contains more detailed information on individual projects.
You can also check out our news and events page for the latest information about our projects and activities.
- would like any information about our projects
- have work that you consider to be a project which would benefit from our skills and expertise or
- would like some guidance with your own project(s)
Regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines
The University has developed a number of regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines to help staff and students understand what the University’s expectations are in terms of appropriate and responsible use of information technology.
- Internet Usage Policy
- Electronic Directories Policy
- Email Server Policy
- Email Policy
- Server Registration Policy
- Software Licence Compliance Policy
- Web Policy
- Remote Access Procedure (including VPN)
- University Network Interconnection Procedure
- Internet Domain Names Procedure
- Server Administration Procedure
- Software Security Updates (Patching) Procedure
- Copyright Infringement Notice Procedures
- Anti-virus Procedure
University of Otago Cabling Standards (.pdf, 1.7MB)
University of Otago Data Cabling Approved Product List (.pdf, 336KB)
University of Otago Change Register (.pdf, 4.9MB)