Information on how to avoid fines and how to pay them if incurred.
How to pay library fines
Credit/debit card (incurs 1.55% transaction fee)
- Sign in to My Library account
- Go to Fines & Fees to start the transaction
- Once payment is complete, a receipt will be emailed to you
Any enquiries, email email@example.com
Check to see if the University of Otago is already listed as a payee, if not, the University's bank account number is: 03-0175-0660238-00
Enter details exactly as follows; payments can be difficult to track otherwise.
- Type your name in the Reference or Customer name field (Surname/Family name first)
- Type your username or ID number in the Code field (eg. samsa698)
- Type "LIBRARY FINE" in the Particulars or Account field
- Email us when done firstname.lastname@example.org
Your fine will be cleared as soon as your payment is processed by the University Cashiers.
- Make the cheque out to the University of Otago.
- Include your username or ID number with the cheque.
University of Otago Library
PO Box 56
Fines begin to accumulate as soon as items become overdue. To avoid fines, renew your items.
|Type||Fine rate (per item)||Notes|
|Regular loan items||No fines||Applies to all|
|Recalled items||$3.00 per day||Applies to all|
|3 day loan items||$1.00 per day||Staff: no fines|
|High Demand items (Course Reserve)||$6.00 per hour (10 cents per minute)||Applies to all|
|Interloans||20 cents per day||Applies to all|
|Lost item replacement costs||$100.00 default + $25.00 Admin fee||Applies to all|