Information on how to avoid fines and how to pay them if incurred.
How to pay library fines
Credit/debit card (incurs 1.55% transaction fee)
- Sign in to My Library account
- Go to Fines & Fees to start the transaction
- Once payment is complete, a receipt will be emailed to you
Any enquiries, email email@example.com
The University of Otago's bank account number is: 03-0175-0660238-00. Most New Zealand banks have the University of Otago in their searchable list of online banking payees.
Please include these details so your payment can be correctly assigned and tracked.
- Surname/Family name
- username or ID number in the Code field (eg. samsa698)
- Payment type "LIBRARY FINE"
- Email us firstname.lastname@example.org - Your fine will be cleared when your payment is processed by the University Cashiers.
- Make the cheque out to the University of Otago.
- Include your username or ID number with the cheque.
University of Otago Library
PO Box 56
Fines begin to accumulate as soon as items become overdue. To avoid fines, renew your items.
|Type||Fine rate (per item)||Notes|
|Regular loan items||No fines||Applies to all|
|Recalled items||$3.00 per day||Applies to all|
|3 day loan items||$1.00 per day||Staff: no fines|
|High Demand items (Course Reserve)||$6.00 per hour (10 cents per minute)||Applies to all|
|Interloans||20 cents per day||Applies to all|
|Lost item replacement costs||$100.00 default + $25.00 Admin fee||Applies to all|