Please do not contact this university directly.
For all enquiries please contact the Exchange Office at email@example.com.
Last updated June, 2012
- Academic programmes and courses
- Western Law courses 2011-2012 (90k PDF format)
- Western Law Course Descriptions 2011_12 (1704k PDF format)
- Law students should apply to Western Law and will not be able to take courses outside the Faculty of Law.
- Commerce students should apply to Richard Ivey and will not be able to take courses outside the School of Business.
- Students applying to Western University will not be allowed to take courses at Richard Ivey School of Business or at the Faculty of Law.
- Academic Year: September - May
- Fall Term: September - December
- Winter Term: January - May (The Winter term consists of an intensive one month term in January followed by the Spring term. Students participating in the winter must enrol in both terms).
Course Load and Minimum Unit Requirements
Course Load Requirement: 14 to 16 credit hours per term, 29 to 31 credit hours per year.
Accommodation & the Cost of Living
Estimated Cost of Living
- Cheryl Waldrum Scholarship in Law
- Coming to Western Law on exchange
- International Student Pre-Arrival Guide
- Coming to Canada
- UWO Fact Sheet
- Richard Ivey Fact Sheet
Student Visa & Insurance
Information on Student Visas & Insurance for students going on exchange can be found elsewhere on this website.
- 2011 S1 LLB GY (229k PDF format)
- 2010 S2 LLB SF (243k PDF format)
- 2009 S1 LLB TB (68K PDF format)
- 2008 S2 LLB NL (65K PDF format)
- 2008 S2 LLB KT (53K PDF format)
The University, City & Region
The Faculty of Law at Western was founded in 1959. Academic excellence is at the heart of Western Law and it starts with our professors. Western Law is proud of the fact that it is among those Canadian law schools having the largest proportion of faculty with earned doctorates. Western’s full-time faculty members are exceptional classroom teachers, have won prestigious teaching awards, provide expert opinions to the media, and have received national and international recognition for their research. Western Law’s professors push students to think critically, teach them to argue cogently and instill in them a solid understanding of the law.
The City of London and Region
Known as the 'Forest City', London is located at the forks of the Thames River in south-western Ontario, halfway down the Toronto-Detroit corridor. London is a multi-faceted city that is nationally recognised in the areas of medicine, education, the arts, sports and business. There are many musical, seasonal and cultural festivals during the year, including Snowiest, Lighting of the Lights, Sun fest International Music Festival, London Balloon Festival, International Blues Festival, Pumpkin Harvest Festival and many more...
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange please email firstname.lastname@example.org