|Category||Marketing and Communication|
|Approved by||Vice-Chancellor, June 2003|
|Date Policy Took Effect||1 July 2003|
|Last approved revision|
|Sponsor||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement)|
|Responsible officer||Director, Marketing Services|
This policy determines the management of the graphical use of the University's Brand through publications, car livery, signage or any other visual element.
This Policy applies University-wide.
1. Use of the Brand
- Control over the visual expression of the University of Otago brand is vested in the Vice-Chancellor. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement) manages the use of the Brand on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor. This covers:
- Graphical expression of the words “University of Otago,” “Otago University.”
- Corporate colours
- University logo - crest mounted in white frame
- The relationship of the Brand with other design elements.
- University of Otago Brand Guide
- The University of Otago branding policy and procedures is described in detail in the “University of Otago Brand Guide.”
- All use of the Brand must comply with the University of Otago Brand Guide.
- The University of Otago Brand Guide is produced by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement).
- All decisions on whether or not use of the Brand complies with the University of Otago Brand Guide will be made by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement).
Related policies, procedures and forms
Contact for further information
If you have any queries regarding the content of this policy or need further clarification, contact the
Senior Strategy and Policy Adviser