Kia ora koutou.
Our Chaplaincy team is here to support and encourage you during your years at University and Polytechnic. We are not out to convert you, but to accompany when you find yourself dealing with spiritual or religious questions. To be what the Irish call an anam chara – a soul friend.
We are here to provide pastoral care and a listening ear, to support people of faith (or no faith) in groups or individually, to pray with or for you, and to provide worship opportunities (informal or formal). We are here to help you nurture your spiritual health and well-being, so that you can achieve your academic and other goals in life.
Please come and visit us in the Upper Room on the Mezzanine Floor in the University Union building, or send us an email or txt to make an appointment. Our contact details are available under "About the Chaplains". You can also check out what is happening via Facebook via Otago Tertiary Chaplaincy.
Services provided by the Chaplains
The Otago Tertiary Chaplains provide a range of pastoral care and spiritual services, including:
- spiritual support and direction for individuals or groups
- settling into university life and helping with homesickness, blessing your room or flat, visiting your college
- worship opportunities
- supporting Christian groups on campus
- weddings, funerals, memorials, or thanksgiving services
- liaison and referral to other services and with local churches and faith communities
- interfaith facilitation
Access to the University prayer and meditations room
To obtain swipe card access to the University prayer and meditation room on the top floor of the University Union Building, please sent your full name and University student or staff ID number to email@example.com.