A postgraduate research opportunity at the University of Otago.
- Close date
- Friday, 23 February 2018
- Academic background
- Sciences, Health Sciences
- Host campus
- Pathology and Biomedical Science (Christchurch)
- Professor Martin Kennedy, Dr John Pearson, Dr Simone Cree, Dr Simran Maggo
Our laboratory uses molecular genetics, genomics and bioinformatics techniques to study genetic factors that may contribute to risk of common diseases, and the responses to treatment of such diseases. We are particularly interested in understanding adverse drug reactions and use candidate gene analysis, or genome-wide approaches, to explore these questions. The project will be framed around an appropriate question that contributes to our research programme, tailored to fit the expertise and interests of the student, and will be defined nearer the time.
Preferred student expertise
Prefer student with good genetics theory component to degree. Mathematical or computational skills are an advantage.
This project is one of the many available for the 2018 intake of BBiomedSc(Hons) at the University of Otago, Christchurch campus.
- Visit the University of Otago, Christchurch website for more information about the Honours programme
- Visit Professor Martin Kennedy's staff profile
- Visit Dr John Pearson's staff profile
- Visit Dr Simone Cree's staff profile
- Visit Dr Simran Maggo's staff profile