Our distance learning programmes enable you to update your qualifications wherever you live in New Zealand and beyond. We have a particular strength in the postgraduate Health Sciences area. Keep abreast of developments in your field without leaving your home or workplace.
The Distance Learning Office has a range of workshops and events for students and staff and will alert you to other workshops and events for people working and studying at a distance.
Information for prospective students
- Programmes and Papers (including contact details)
- 2018 Distance Learning Prospectus:
- How Distance Learning works at Otago
- Request a Postgraduate Information Pack
- Guide to Enrolment for Distance Students
- 2018 Tuition Fees - search by paper code or paper description (name).
- International Student Enquiries
- Student Profiles
For current students
Student ID cards
- 2018 ID Card Application Form (for Distance students) (PDF format, 99KB)
- Online ID Card Application (for returning students)
Getting ready for your course
- Before your course begins - are you ready?
- Attributes of highly successful distance students
- Support from family
During your course - help, support, and useful information
- Am I on track?
- The 2018 Distance Learning Information and Support and a PDF version.
- This handbook provides information to support you throughout your study at Otago, including
The University Library
In conjunction with the Distance Learning Office, the University Library provides a very useful Guide to the Library for distance students:
Student Newsletter - Your Distance Campus
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017/January 2018
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- If you notice any broken links in either of these publications, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org